Suave Cup IV - Information & Itinerary
Suave Cup IV
Details & Information
Dates: November 24-29, 2023 (arrive Friday, depart Tuesday/Wednesday)
Cost: $1,370 per person (double occupancy) / $1,720 (single occupancy)
Location: Bandon Dunes Golf Resort - 57744 Round Lake Rd, Bandon, OR 97411
Trip includes the following
- 4 rounds of golf
- 4 nights lodging
- 4 breakfasts
- 3 banquet dinners
- Unlimited use of Bandon Dunes practice facilities
- Tee Prize
- Suave Cup IV Tournament entry
Friday, Nov. 24th
Arrival at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, resort check-in begins at 3pm
7:00 pm: Welcome Dinner / Calcutta Auction - McKee's Upstairs (Mac Hall)
Saturday, Nov 25th - Pacific Dunes
7:40am - 10:10am - Round 1 at Pacific Dunes
7:00 pm: Group Dinner - McKee's Upstairs (Mac Hall)
Sunday, Nov. 26th - Sheep Ranch
7:30am - 10:00am - Round 2 at Sheep Ranch
Monday, Nov. 27th - Bandon Dunes
7:30am - 10:00am - Round 3 at Bandon Dunes
7:00pm - Awards Dinner - McKee's Upstairs (Mac Hall)
Tuesday, Nov. 28th - Old Macdonald
Checkout of rooms before golf (or by 10am) for guests departing after R4
7:30am - 10:00am - SC4 Championship at Old Macdonald
Wednesday, Nov. 29th - Bandon Trails
Checkout of rooms before golf (or by 10am)
7:30am - 10:00am - Optional round at Bandon Trails, no SC4 implications (not included in trip package)
The Suave Cup
Tournament Format: 2-Person Teams
- Flights will be organized by team's combined handicap, then slightly adjusted to get guys playing with as many of their close buddies as possible.
- All teams will play to 60-70% (TBD) of their handicaps
- Flight matches will be contested using a point-based match play system. Each hole will have 2 points up for grabs. If you win the hole, your team gets 2 points and halves result in each team getting a single point. The team with the highest combined point total through 3 rounds wins their flight.
- Tiebreakers will be decided by an alt-shot playoff at The Punchbowl.
- Championship Round, Tuesday at Old Macdonald - all teams will qualify this year, although flight winners and wild card teams will have a significant advantage. Also, since calcutta payouts will not be linked to this round, participation is optional for all, but glory is reserved only for those ready to do battle. As of now, overall winner will be determined by 'Flags' utilizing a 2-man scramble format. More details to be provided in the run up to the tournament.
All Suave Cup participants are welcome and encouraged to replay one of Bandon Dunes' world-class golf courses each afternoon. Replays are not included in the trip price, but all guests may pay for replay rounds in the golf shop at the time of check-in or may charge replay greens fees to their room.
To reserve a replay round, Suave recommends checking with the golf shop each morning during your stay to see which course has the most afternoon availability. To book a replay round at a specific course, reservations may be made by contacting Bandon Dunes after Jamboree registration is complete.
Replay rate is $50 (applicable at all 18-hole courses at Bandon Dunes)
Lodging at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort is included with this sabbatical. Lodging is provided at the Lily Pond Cottages occupancy rooms.
There is one single occupancy rooms remaining. If you'd like to book this, please let Kyle know ASAP so he can reserve that for you.
Walking Only at Bandon Dunes
Bandon Dunes Golf Resort is a walking only golf facility. Carts are not available guests unless they have a permanent disability and provide supporting medical documents prior to arrival.
Caddies are recommended, but not required. SC4 participants can select which rounds, if any, they'd like to utilize a caddie for on the registration form that is send out in August.
Caddie fees are to be paid by guests directly to the caddie at the conclusion of each round. The caddie fee is $100 per bag, per round plus gratuity.
Like many other times of the year, the weather in Bandon, OR in late November can be unpredictable. It's possible that all us Banditos enjoy 4 straight days of sunshine and mild wind, while equally possible it rains for 96 straight hours with gusts exceeding 20mph.
We share all this to remind all Suave Cup attendees and hopefuls to prepare for any and all possible weather outcomes, as the Suave Cup will be taking place rain or shine. In addition to whatever you'd normally bring to a 4-day golf trip, Suave encourages everyone visiting with us to strongly consider bringing the following items:
- Multiple pairs of golf shoes
- Rain jacket & rain pants
- Rain gloves
- Comfortable socks (bring 3 more pairs that you think)
Cancellation Policy / Refunds
As is always the case, trip is locked in and non-refundable beginning in August 2023. If you have extenuating circumstances, Suave will present them to Bandon Dunes and do it's best to secure a refund, but cannot guarantee anything.